As one can imagine, there are numerous ways in styling this look; ranging from super casual to chic to smart casual, and so I recommend letting your imaginations run wild! Not sure where to start? These basic guidelines below should help!
Still a little wary? Need some help envisioning how you’ll wear your new culottes? We’ve got you covered.
1. Think of them as you would an A-line skirt when going about styling them (tucking in a blouse, for example, or choosing a high-waist pair and adding a crop top), and stick to basic colours like black, navy, and off-white to get yourself started. Before you know it, you’ll be living in culottes and experimenting with fun prints and colours, but this is the best way to start.
the best place for your culottes to fall on your legs. W
Arguably the whole point of culottes is getting to show off your shoes. Sleek ladylike options (you really can’t go wrong with a pair of pointy toe pumps with a slim heel) work best, and will instantly elongate your shape. For advanced culottes wearers, think of the pants as your carte blanche to go to town with more daring options like a thick-heeled platform or fun booties.
4. Culottes are most definitely not just a summer staple. Wear them with stalking peeking out, a blazer and a scarf for those slightly chilly days, or even with boots, which will give the illusion that you are wearing a continuous pair of pants.
MY MUST HAVES
2. Spree Printed Culotte Neutral STYLE REPUBLIC R335
3. WOOLWORTHS Culotte Trousers R 399.00
4. MR P OAKRIDGE culotte R119.99